Help guide on how to create a Custom Paint by Numbers kit.
Paint by numbers is a lot of fun already by itself, but it's even more special when you use one of your favorite photos. Not only is the creative task itself relaxing, but it’s nice to know you’ll have a painting of something meaningful to you when you’re done.
To convert your photo to a paint by numbers kits for adults, here are some important tips that are good to know but if you want to jump ahead, just click the link below!
Before you start, you’ll need to choose a good quality photo, cropped to the right proportions for your canvas. The better the quality of your photo, the better your kit will turn out. We have outlined all the steps in detail below, to help you get the best possible result.
Choosing a good photo.
Here are a few things that make a photo a good candidate for a custom paint by numbers project:
- Choose a photo with a background that isn’t too cluttered.
This is because when we convert your photo to a paint by numbers pattern, it will only have 24 to 48 colors, depending on the option you choose, to recreate the whole photo.
A detailed background will mean that your main subject will have fewer colors, obscuring some of its detail.
- At minimum, the picture should be 850 pixels high and wide. This will guarantee a minimum of detail and resolution for us to work with.
- Choose fewer subjects for more clarity: if you want to paint a family photo, for example, make sure there are fewer than 4 or 5 people so you can easily see their faces.
- Photos with subjects in the foreground and good lighting are ideal. See some examples below.
Choosing the right size for your picture.
Once you have selected the right photo, make sure you choose a size that matches the proportions of your photo. For example, if you select a square canvas, make sure you send a square photo! If you chose a rectangular photo, then make sure you upload a rectangular photo.
Unlike other companies that convert the photos to paint by numbers using automated software, we pride ourselves of having real designers working on your kits. In case you need any help, be sure to contact us through our live chat and we will happily help you choose the correct size and amount of colors for your photo.
What comes next?
Once you have chosen your photo, go to our Custom Paint by Numbers page and follow the steps below.
- Choose your size and how many colors you want. If you can't find the exact size you want, choose an approximate. We can always change it later on.
- Upload your photo using the blue button on this page.
- Add to cart if you want to continue shopping or place your order to complete your purchase.
Order placed, what now?
Once we receive your order, we will start working on your photo.
Unlike other companies, that convert photos to kits using low quality, automated software, we have real designers working on your custom kits. If we feel that your photo doesn't look the best in the size or amount of colors that you chose, we will contact you via email to confirm with you before printing and sending your package. This way, the necessary arrangements can be done and you will be happy with your custom kit.
On the other hand, if everything is ok with your photo, size and amount of colors, we will proceed to print and send your package. You should receive a shipping confirmation from us in less than a week.
Special occasions to do a Paint by Numbers.
Let's admit it, not everybody is crazy about paint by numbers as we are. Some people need an excuse, motive, reason to do one, and that's perfectly fine. Here are a few examples of when you might decide to try a personalized paint by numbers painting:
- This one is obvious: For your own pleasure, whether it’s to relax and chill doing something beautiful and simple while creating a piece of your own art.
- As a gift or present for friends or family, even more special, if you have a photo of a moment you shared with them. To remember a special event, like your wedding, graduation, first steps of your kids, or other milestones you or a loved one has reached.
- To honor a deceased loved one. It’s common to feel a longing to honor the memory of a loved one. Painting a picture of them, whether it’s a friend, relative, or a pet, can be a way to help you reconnect with happy memories you shared.
- Throw a paint by numbers birthday party. You can get together with all your colleagues and while each works on custom kits of each others. Great for bonding together and improving work relations. Also, if you prefer each person can choose a color, and you can work together to finish the piece.
Have any other ideas? We would love to read them in the comments.
Need any help? Leave us a note in the chat and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Enjoy the wonderful world of Paint by Numbers🎨🖌🖼